Tuesday, October 9, 2018

How I Got Into College! Part 1 2018 Premier Episode

College? Applications? Where do I start?  Who can help me?  Ahhh!  Don't worry because Maria, Ricky, and Camryn interview Mr. Egan from the Counseling Department to get you marching in the right direction as you start your *gasp* post-WeGo life.   In our first Episode of 2018, we cover all the big questions and concerns for this process.

Remember...You got this!
                              
via GIPHY

~ When should we start the application process?  1:10
~ How do you start the process? 2:20
~ What is Naviance? 4:05
~ How many schools should I apply to?  6:40
~ What are the typical costs of application fees?   8:15
 ~ Are there any fees to send test results?  9:10
~ What should we do about AP scores-even if I don't? 10:40
~ What is Illinois AP credit policy for state colleges? 12:40
~ How many letters of recommendation should I seek?  Who do I ask? 13:45
~ Should I ask teachers for letters of recommendation even from 9th or 10th grade? 15:08
~ Can I use people other than teachers for letters of recommendation? 16:20
~ When do I need to have my application submitted by? 16:48
~ How do I make my application unique? 18:37
~ What are the non-college option? 21:45


Check out the Counseling College page to start your clicking curiosity.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the opportunity to talk about the college application process. I would encourage any students who are struggling with this process to stop in and see your School Counselor ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete